|NPO's Last Time|
|Date||June 17, 2019 - February 20, 2020|
Duration: 248 days
|Casus belli||Leaked logs revealing tC/BK Sphere plans to hit Chaos Bloc|
United Purple Nations
|Casualties and losses|
|1.25 Trillion Dollars
As of February 6th
|1.31 Trillion Dollars|
As of February 6th
NPO's Last Time was a global conflict that broke out on June 17th, 2019, when Knights Templar, The Golden Horde, Empyrea, Guardian, Grumpy Old Bastards, Rose, and members of Chaos Bloc declared war on the members of The Covenant and Black Knights. The war ended on February 20, 2020, with Coalition A, consisting of KETOG, Chaos, Rose and t$ spheres defeating Coalition B, consisting of Opus Dei, The Covenant and affiliated alliances.
The historic conflict had extended well beyond the norm, lasting over 8 months. It was the largest global war in history, with a total of 71 alliances (33 in KETOG/Chaos coalition and 45 in BK's coalition with 7 being involved in both sides) involved in the war. The size and length of the conflict subsequently made it the most destructive conflict ever fought, with damages surpassing 2.5 trillion dollars. More than all 12 previous global wars combined. Many alliances switched sides throughout the war on several occasions and other sub-conflicts had broken out. Significant controversies had also plagued the war with countless accusations of cheating by opposing sides.
- 1 Background
- 2 NPO Cheating Scandal
- 3 Conclusion
- 4 Announcements and Events
- 4.1 June 12th, 2019:
- 4.2 June 17th, 2019:
- 4.3 June 18th, 2019
- 4.4 June 19th, 2019
- 4.5 June 20th, 2019
- 4.6 June 21st, 2019
- 4.7 June 22nd, 2019
- 4.8 June 23rd, 2019
- 4.9 June 24th, 2019
- 4.10 June 27th, 2019
- 4.11 June 28th, 2019
- 4.12 June 29th, 2019
- 4.13 June 30th, 2019
- 4.14 July 1st, 2019
- 4.15 July 2nd, 2019
- 4.16 July 6th, 2019
- 4.17 July 8th, 2019
- 4.18 July 11th, 2019
- 4.19 July 12th, 2019
- 4.20 July 13th, 2019
- 4.21 July 14th, 2019
- 4.22 July 15th, 2019
- 4.23 July 16th, 2019
- 4.24 July 19th, 2019
- 4.25 July 27th, 2019
- 4.26 August 12th, 2019
- 4.27 August 15th, 2019
- 4.28 August 16th, 2019
- 4.29 August 17th, 2019
- 4.30 August 19th, 2019
- 4.31 August 27th, 2019
- 4.32 September 4th, 2019
- 4.33 September 5th, 2019
- 4.34 September 6th, 2019
- 4.35 September 8th, 2019
- 4.36 September 16th, 2019
- 4.37 September 21st, 2019
- 4.38 September 28th, 2019
- 4.39 September 29th, 2019
- 4.40 October 2nd, 2019
- 4.41 October 3rd, 2019
- 4.42 October 5th, 2019
- 4.43 October 9th, 2019
- 4.44 October 21, 2019
- 4.45 October 25th, 2019
- 4.46 November 2nd, 2019
- 4.47 November 12th, 2019
- 4.48 November 20th, 2019
- 4.49 November 28th, 2019
- 4.50 December 4th, 2019
- 4.51 December 10th, 2019
- 4.52 December 21st, 2019
- 4.53 January 6th, 2020
- 4.54 January 12th, 2020
- 4.55 January 28th, 2020
- 4.56 February 5th, 2020 - Roqpocalypse Day 1
- 4.57 February 6th, 2020 - Roqpocalypse Day 2
- 4.58 February 7th, 2020 - Roqpocalypse Day 3
- 4.59 February 9th, 2020
- 4.60 February 12th, 2020 - Roqpocalypse Extension
- 4.61 February 14th, 2020
- 4.62 February 17th, 2020
- 4.63 February 20th, 2020
- 5 Related Links
The Casus Belli for the conflict was leaked logs from The Commonwealth showing Sphinx, their leader outlining a plan for The Covenant and the Black Knights to hit Chaos Bloc and to convince N$O sphere (New Pacific Order - Syndicate) to attack KETOG.
Upon the release, a de facto cease-fire occurred between the opposing sides and the eventual end of the war.
The Covenant and Black Knights drew heavy criticism from Chaos-KETOG for pursuing wars against the two smaller (by player count) spheres. Another claim propagated by the Chaos-KETOG coalition is that 'The Inquisition' didn't disband and that this war was inevitable.
There was some debate as to the validity of these logs as they were a month old and predated the ongoing war between KETOG-Chaos, 'Surf's Up'. However, it was later revealed that The Covenant and the Black Knights had continued planning to hit Chaos Bloc, despite Surf's Up. Some debate still exists however the revelation would appear to validate the Casus Belli.
On February 5th, Alex, Politics and War's game administrator took to the forums to announce sweeping moderation action against members of the New Pacific Order's government.
The moderation action was taken with reference to the rule on real-world transactions for in-game materials.
Cited directly from Alex:
"Members of the NPO government set up a system to recruit people who were interested in Korean comics called "manhwa" (similar to anime or manga) and required them to set up nations for tax farming in exchange to gain access to illegal "scanlations" (translations) of the comics. GPWC has been generating around $850m / day in money and resources, which all gets deposited directly to NPO's "offshore" alliance bank. Undoubtedly this has had an enormous impact on gameplay over the past 5-months or so, directly affecting the current ongoing war."
The leader of NPO, Roquentin was subsequently banned for 6-months, alongside 9 other individuals including other members of NPO's government such as Frawley, Edward I and Shadowthrone. Yuno, who recruited nearly 1000 GPWC nations was banned for a year. In addition to the bans, several nations were issued nation strikes. Further, Alex removed contents accounting for nearly 95 billion dollars from NPO's bank.
The war came to a presumed end on February 20, 2020 with a declaration by the combined coalition forces of KETOG, Chaos and t$ spheres. There was no official peace treaty signed between the opposing coalition forces, however all remaining combatants in Opus Dei/tC's coalition had either surrendered, withdrawn or disbanded.
The subsequent defeat of Opus Dei and the withdrawal of The Covenant and their allies left the KETOG-Chaos-t$ coalition victorious.
Announcements and Events
June 12th, 2019:
June 17th, 2019:
- KETOGG declares war on The Covenant
- Chaos & Rose declares war on Black Knights
- Arrgh, Grumpy, Rose, and Guardian hit BoC
June 18th, 2019
- GPC hits Arrgh as a counter for BoC
- Many alliances within The Covenant/BK Sphere of influence enter opposing KETOG-Chaos.
- Citadel Bloc jointly declares against the KETOG-Chaos coalition.
June 19th, 2019
- Polaris initiates hostilities against Rose.
- The Syndicate declares war on Guardian and Grumpy Old Bastards
- European States independently involves itself into the war on the side of the KETOG-Chaos coalition. They do so without a war declaration.
June 20th, 2019
- TUE, Horsemen and The Code of Honor enter in defense of tCW/BK sphere.
- House Stark (2nd) initiates wars with Guardian.
- The Fighting Pacifists declare war on Empyrea.
- New Pacific Order initiates wars against Grumpy Old Bastards.
June 21st, 2019
June 22nd, 2019
June 23rd, 2019
June 24th, 2019
- The Syndicate/The Enterprise and House Stark agree to a peace treaty with Grumpy Old Bastards and Guardian and withdraw from the war.
- Church of Atom withdraws from the war against Grumpy Old Bastards and Guardian.
June 27th, 2019
- Animation Domination withdraws from the war.
- Orange Defense Network joins the War
June 28th, 2019
June 29th, 2019
June 30th, 2019
July 1st, 2019
July 2nd, 2019
July 6th, 2019
- The United Empire of Zah'Aharon withdraws from the war. Becomes the 16th alliance in the BK/tCW-NPO coalition to cease hostilities.
July 8th, 2019
- Knights Templar loots a large portion of Polaris' bank. About $12.2 Billion was taken by Theodosius.
July 11th, 2019
- Yakuza attacks Animation Domination, now a protectorate of The Knights Radiant without any declaration of war.
July 12th, 2019
- Black Knights and Yakuza attack Animation Domination without any declaration of war.
- Black Knights also attack Silenzio, another protectorate of the Knights Radiant, without any declaration of war.
July 13th, 2019
- European States withdraws from the war
- Camelot attacks Clan Callan, another protectorate of The Knights Radiant, without any declaration of war.
July 14th, 2019
July 15th, 2019
- Black Knights attack House Arryn, a protectorate of the Ming Empire, without any declaration of war.
July 16th, 2019
- A couple of House Arryn members raid The Coal Mines and Weebunism.
- The Coal Mines recognizes hostilities with House Arryn. Their conflict was added to the NPO stat-page for this war, tying them into this war via stat-page calculations.
July 19th, 2019
- Commerce Union disbands, leaving a final message and threat on their alliance description page to their former allies: "To Coalition B Leaders: You threatened us one too many times. Attack any one of my members and I will leak classified OPSEC to your enemies."
July 27th, 2019
- Black Knights attack The Fighting Pacifists without any declaration of war.
August 12th, 2019
- The Coal Mines and The Socialist League officially admit defeat to KERCHTOGG** and withdraw from the war.
August 15th, 2019
August 16th, 2019
- The Black Knights and Acadia attack Yarr and Swagrr without any declaration of war.
- Swagrr recognizes hostilities with the Black Knights
August 17th, 2019
- New Pacific Order starts a mass-recruitment campaign of players from outside the game. resulting in the creation of the alliance Guinea Pig Whaling Corp. That has more than two hundred more members than any other alliance in the game.
August 19th, 2019
August 27th, 2019
- The Christmas Peace, "Attacks from Avalon", Coalition B and KERTOG join forces to raid back a stolen bank from an RnR applicant.
September 4th, 2019
September 5th, 2019
September 6th, 2019
- Clan Callan disbanded.
September 8th, 2019
September 16th, 2019
- Riocht Sasana surrenders to Coalition B (Riocht Sasana was not part of the global although its leader fought in the global as a member of Soup Kitchen)
September 21st, 2019
September 28th, 2019
- Ming Empire and House Arryn surrender to Coalition B
- Carthago and Order of the White Rose exit the war under a white peace
September 29th, 2019
October 2nd, 2019
- GOONS declares war on The Knights Radiant
- The Covenant, Black Knights, Guardians of the Galaxy and Polaris declare war on The Syndicate
- The Syndicate recognizes hostilities with Black Knights, The Commonwealth, United Purple Nations, Solar Knights, Guardians of the Galaxy and Acadia
October 3rd, 2019
- GOONS declares war on Typhon
- House Stark declares war on Black Knights and The Commonwealth
- Camelot declares war on Typhon
October 5th, 2019
- Church of Atom attacks The Commonwealth without any declaration of war.
- Memesphere (Coalition B) & Fark sign a 6-month NAP
- Acadia loots Guardian's offshore bank. Approximately $4.2 Billion was taken by TheNG. 
October 9th, 2019
October 21, 2019
- United Front Bloc, (The United Armies, The Players, Unforgiven Legion, Spartan Brotherhood, and The Axis Accord. ) surrenders to TCM, agrees to pay back some money and all of their coal
- (Second Link)
October 25th, 2019
- Electric Space disbands.
November 2nd, 2019
- The combined forces of Coalition A including Arrgh, Church of Spaceology, Empyrea, The Fighting Pacifists, The Golden Horde, Grumpy Old Bastards, Guardian, Oblivion, The Knights Radiant, Knights Templar, Rose, Seven Kingdoms, Silenzio, Soup Kitchen, and Valinor announce they will accept surrender as one of the peace terms.
- The remaining forces of Coalition A including The $yndicate, The Enterprise, House Stark, Sanreizan, Aurora, Typhon, Terminus Est, Church of Atom, Order of the White Rose and Carthago also announce they will accept surrender as one of the peace terms
November 12th, 2019
- The Hanseatic League merges into The Commonwealth.
November 20th, 2019
- Coalition A withdraws from talks but retains its offer on the condition of surrendering. They cite their reasons with their latest announcement regarding peace talks.
November 28th, 2019
December 4th, 2019
- Valinor merges into Church of Spaceology.
December 10th, 2019
- KT announces leaving Coalition A in terms of pursuing peace terms, but will still fight in the war.
December 21st, 2019
- Afrika Korps disbands. reducing the Citadel bloc to its last signee, the Solar Knights. De facto ending the treaty.
January 6th, 2020
- Great Leak War starts as a concurrent war. The Commonwealth (a member of Coalition B during the course of this war), Fark, and their allies getting into conflict with Opus Dei.
January 12th, 2020
January 28th, 2020
- Peace is signed between Coalition A and The Commonwealth, and any unofficial hostilities from Coalition A with Demacia, The Manhattan Cartel, North Point, and Weebunism.
- A NAP is signed with the two powers for the duration of the conflict with Opus Dei & Friends until peace has been achieved with Coalition A/tCW Bloc and Opus Dei & Friends. With a 6 month NAP following after said peace.
February 5th, 2020 - Roqpocalypse Day 1
- Alex, game admin, announces major moderation action targeting a large portion of New Pacific Order's government for illegal activity. 11 people are leveled with temporary bans, including NPO's Emperor, Roquentin.
- The Syndicate withdraws from all surrender negotiations and categorically rejects the notion of indulging the New Pacific Order's political aspirations with surrender and/or transfer of funds through reps, a bond or otherwise
- Camelot and BoC exit the war under a white peace
February 6th, 2020 - Roqpocalypse Day 2
- Solar Knights and Yakuza exit the war under a white peace
- Polaris exits the war under a white peace
- BK announces their disbandment to its members
- Guardians of the Galaxy announces their impending disbandment
- GOONS rebrands as Green Protection Agency
- Acadia and United Purple Nations exit war under white peace.
- Dark Brotherhood exits the war under white peace.
- The Golden Horde declares cultural victory over Coalition Manhwa
- KT offers blanket white peace to all alliances they are at war with
- GOONS/GPA exits the war under a white peace
- Acadia announces their disbandment
February 7th, 2020 - Roqpocalypse Day 3
- Strickland Propane exits the war under a white peace
- Black Knights disband on this date.
February 9th, 2020
February 12th, 2020 - Roqpocalypse Extension
- Eric the Red II, NPO's Head of Training, was banned. Accidentally being doxxed in the process. Included as a part of the NPO Cheating Scandal. The announcement was made here.
- About 60-70% of NPO's membership leaves in response.